5.27.2010

Taking Up New Projects

I have had the hardest time trying to find a summer dress for myself. While there are plenty of cute ones around, I'm picky. I want something that I can wear without leggings or undershirts or cardigans. Seriously, it's summer. No extra layers please. I guess the designers don't exactly cater well to the Utah market that way. But I would wear dresses all summer long if I could find something that matches my criteria.

So, what else is there to do but make my own? When I was younger, I learned to sew clothing in 4-H, but it's been a good 5 or 6 years since I've even attempted it. Since I've already got the sewing machine and picked a pattern out, I don't really have an excuse not to do this. I'll be curious to see how it turns out.

In order to go easy on myself, I chose one of Vogue's "very easy" patterns. (Very easy? Are they sure about that?) For fabric, I'm thinking a light white linen. We'll see how well I handle this project before I move onto the next. I already have it picked out. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Have you ever checked out shabbyapple.com? they have some pretty great stuff.

Love Ya,
Katie

Kelli K said...

You'll do great! Hey, I was going to mention Shabby Apple, too! It definitely reminds me of you. I can't wait to see your progress.